Saturday, August 15, 2009

Paste Papers from August 14

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with my friend Jody experimenting with making paste papers. I had made a cornstarch paste following the recipe of Diane Maurer-Mathison from her book, Collage, Assemblage, and Altered Art. I will happily share the recipe if you email me. It is very easy to make - just cornstarch, water and some time.

We added acrylic paints to the cornstarch paste and printed on Canson Mi Teints -- both white and various colors. We used adhesive spreaders to create most of the designs; these are available for 69 cents at Ace Hardware stores; there are two kinds, one with pointy teeth and one with square teeth. They are both great to have.

2 comments:

Neil said...

My God, I've never seen cornstarch put to such brilliant use! Can you eat them?
Wow, am I glad I'm married to you!
NH

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Beautiful! how fun. endless possibilities. You are so talented. K